Friday, July 24, 2009

You're Going Where?!

I've always known that one day I would travel to a developing country to offer my help in some way. But that was all I knew. I didn't know when it would be, what it would be, where it would be or how it would happen.

Now I know. This November I'm going on a Global Village Build with Habitat for Humanity to Guatemala. I'll be going on my own with a team of people from across Canada for one week.

That's all I know - for now. When I think about it, there are still a lot of things I don't know:

I don't know anything about Guatemala. (I admit, I had to look it up.)
I don't know Spanish. (Will that matter?) (How quickly can someone learn Spanish?)
I don't know how to build houses. (How important is that for a house build anyway?)
I don't know how to tell my mom I'm going to a developing country. (Yes, I'm 40 years old and still concerned about what my mom will say!)

Despite the unkown, I am really looking forward to going. And, I'm looking forward to sharing my journey in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment